TE PUNA MEMORIAL HALL SOCIETY INCORPORATED
— connecting our community
- To promote community enrichment.
- To remember and celebrate our local and wider cultural landscape.
- To value and preserve our local history.
- To reflect our diverse communities of interest.
- To promote education, the arts, and creativity in the community.
- To promote personal and community health and wellbeing.
- To invite partnerships with local non-profit organisations and schools to host meetings, celebrations, events, and family gatherings.
- To continue to explore how the hall can add value to the community.
- To create a welcoming, attractive space.
- To provide accessible, high-quality facilities that allow for a wide range of activities.
- To lead by example with good environmental practices.
- To acknowledge and celebrate our history.
- To act in accordance with our charitable purposes.
- To be a committed and enthusiastic committee with a range of strengths.
- To work effectively together to achieve our goals.
- To ensure financial sustainability.
- To meet all compliance requirements.
- To care for and maintain the building, facilities and surrounds.
- To explore how the hall can add value to the community.
- To regularly review and provide for succession needs.
- To be open and flexible to new opportunities.
- To be mindful of the demands on volunteers.
- Update website to make it more welcoming and informative, and more user-friendly.
- Identify opportunities to promote the hall and upcoming events in social media and other media platforms to help raise its profile in the community.
- Develop a Hall User policy that allows for special dispensation to reduce barriers to use of the Hall.
- Endeavour to facilitate at least two community events per year.
- Investigate the viability of having a PR role.
- To develop a vision for the hall surrounds.
- To develop and implement relevant hall cleaning policy and practices.
- To budget for a caretaker/cleaner role.
- To develop relationships with preferred suppliers (e.g. technology, plant hire, catering, etc.)
- To investigate the possibility of solar installation and sources of funding to provide green energy.
- To support further development of the archive room.
- To regularly review committee membership and processes.
- To create an annual budget on which to base decisions.
- To regularly review financial results against projected budgets.
- To regularly review compliance requirements.
- To create a user-friendly and integrated website, booking and invoicing system.
- To formulate and review clear user policies and practices.
- To identify and seek funding opportunities.